- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
1 hour, 25 min
- 200 grams Dark Chocolate ~ 7 ounces
- 120 grams Butter ~ 1/2 cup
- 8 whole Eggs
- 2 whole Egg Whites
- 150 grams Sugar ~ 2/3 cup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- 200 grams Quince Jelly ~ 1 1/4 cups
- 1 Dark Chocolate Ganache
1. Preheat oven to 180 celcius/350 farenheit.
2. Butter and flour a 8-inch cake pan/mold.
3. Over medium heat, begin melting your chocolate in a small pot. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
4. Once medlted, add butter. Stir until smooth, remove from heat.
5. Seperate your egg yolks and whites, placing your yolks in a large and clean bowl.
6. Add 2/3 of the sugar to the yolks.
7. Beat until the yolks begin to whiten.
8. Add the chocolate-butter mixture to the egg yolks, stirring constantly.
9. Add vanilla to batter, mix well.
10. In a clean bowl, begin whipping your egg whites with the salt.
11. Little by little, add the remaining sugar to the egg whites. Continue whipping until you have peaks.
12. Add whites to chocolate mixture.
13. Gently fold in whites to chocolat mixture.
14. Add flour, fold in carefully.
15. Once finished, place batter in pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Let cool before removing from pan.
16. Over low heat, melt the jelly and keep stirring.
17. Spread the jelly evenly over your cooled cake, letting some go over the sides.
18. Do the same as stop 17 with your ganache recipe.
19. I forgot to take a picture, but put some candy eggs on the center top of your cake. It is a nest after all!
20. Let the ganache stiffen some, then serve!